
Singer/actress,
Jennifer Lopez in her first memoir titled 'True Love' opened up about
suffering heartbreak for the first time when actor Ben Affleck left her
months to their wedding. Ben Affleck had proposed to J Lo with a
6.1-carat pink diamond and she was so full of hopes and for months - she
busied herself with planning a fairytale wedding which never held she wrote.
"It felt like my heart had been torn out of my chest,"
"I'd probably say that he is brilliantly smart, loving, charming, affectionate. And I just admire him in every way. I respect him. I feel like he teaches me things," she says of Affleck.
Months after leaving J Lo, Affleck and his new girlfriend, Jennifer Garner who was already four months pregnant, got married in the Turks and Caicos Islands in June, 2005. She said she feared
being ridiculed in the media with bold headlines like - 'The Woman Who
Has Everything But Can’t Get Love Right'! So for three straight days,
she was at her lowest ebb...
It was at that point that Marc Anthony who was just her friend at that point became more than friends."He was warm and funny, a brilliant singer and artist who knew how to make me feel special", she writes. And he also made her laugh.
"He was so sure of everything, and at this moment, when I felt so lost, so broken and alone, there he was".
"The reality was I didn’t want to be alone’, she confesses, and she let herself be swept up in his charm and his arms believing he was her ‘knight in shining armor.’
She
said she wanted so desperately to "build something real with him,
something that would last," adding that he saved her from her pain. They
got married shortly afterwards in 2004 and she thought this was it, her
final bus stop.
"Things between Marc and me weren’t perfect – our marriage was never the kind to glide along peacefully’.
"From the beginning, it was tumultuous, passionate, and explosive"
"Family is most important," she kept telling herself.
"My own happiness and sense of self-worth depended on how happy he was. So when Marc stated so clearly that he wasn’t happy, it broke me down completely."
Once again, she was heartbroken started -
"Dying inside, feeling lonely and miserable and sad".
"I had never truly believed I was great at acting, or anything else for that matter".
"I was always looking for the other person to tell me I was great so I could feel good about myself. I lived for that".
"No matter what else happened, I had my friends, my family, my kids…I hadn’t figured everything out yet and still had a long road ahead, but I was going to be alright".
J Lo and Marc first met in 1998, got married in 2004 and divorced in 2011.
Culled from: Dailymail
No comments :
Post a Comment
Disclaimer: All the comments on this blog are the personal opinions of those who have comment it (commentators)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Advertise with us: E-mail: enyinnayaemma@gmail.com